[reportlab-users] Reportlab News

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:41:05 +0200

Andy Robinson:

> No there is not.  The idea is that you start at the root URL
> and find what's there using the menus, and if you can't find it
> then it is not there.  The old site had 3 years  of debris not all
> of which was in CVS, and at a certain point one just has to
> throw things away and see who complains.

For the record, below is what I had to change on my own pages,
(old vs. new link). The Readme files for various projects are
not yet changed... I hope the next major site revamping oper-
ation will take a couple of years before being implemented! ;-)

> If there is specific information you can't find or would like
> added, please just say what...

Probably the better way to deal with this kind of external re-
structuring is to provide interface pages on one's own site
which is a somewhat questionable approach, but leads to higher
maintainability in the absence of an external forwarding mecha-
nism. And it improves Google's ranking of those external pages,
too! ;-)

Dinu

http://www.reportlab.com
http://www.reportlab.org