[reportlab-users] Source of some possible problems fixed

John Precedo reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 16:20:53 +0100

We have just fixed a bug on the www.reportlab.org web site. Since we
revamped our web presence and split our site into separate .com and .org
sites, it hasn't actually been possible to download the last stable release
of the reportlab toolkit (though there was a message on the downloads page
saying what the current version is).

This has now been fixed. You can now download the ReportLab_1_18 release as
either a zip or a tgz file from http://www.reportlab.org/downloads.html.

If you have downloaded the reportlab toolkit since the 25 September, you
have probably downloaded the daily snapshot built from CVS. This is useful
for developers, but not for people who need a stable release, due to the
fact that we are often working on the code contained on it. For example, at
the moment we are doing a lot of work on making our PDF files invariant
across platforms.

If you have recently downloaded the toolkit and are running into problems,
please download the stable 1.18 release and see if this clears them up.

--
John Precedo  (johnp@reportlab.com)    Developer
Reportlab Europe Ltd  (http://www.reportlab.com)