[reportlab-users] RE: Python 2.3.2 compatibility

Oliver Bleutgen reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 07 Oct 2003 14:33:53 +0200

Henning von Bargen wrote:

> Now I have two follow-up questions:
> 1) How can I proof that the dlls are really in the correct location?

Proof? You mean, how can you persuade yourself that they are doing their
job. Well, try to add some big inline eimages into a pdf, one time with,
one time without the _rl_accel file.
You'll feel the difference ;)

Btw. I have looked at the source (lib/utils.py) and the location
reportlab/lib is definately the right one.

> 2) Does setup.py require C-compiling? I mean, now I iw worked on my
> development machine with MSVC installed.
> But will "setup.py install" run successfully on the production server
> where nothing except Windows 2000 is installed, too?

I hadn't experienced the problems talked about in this thread, but I can
tell you the following, which worked on my NT4 machine, which has no
compiler:

- I installed the python.org windows binary version of python.
- I installed reportlab
- I dropped the .pyd files into reportlab lib

and it worked.

cheers,
oliver