[reportlab-users] reportlab performance in linux and macosx

Mon, 6 Oct 2003 10:43:11 +0100

In article <9C74607E-F5BB-11D7-B94E-000A95E37972@oninetspeed.pt>, Jorge
Manuel de Almeida Magalhães <jmagalhaes@oninetspeed.pt> writes

>Hi,
>
>I run the same code in my linux box and in my MacOSX system but I found
>two different pdf files. The pdf file that are generated in to the
>linux box can be read with the acrobat reader but the other file is not
>good.
>
>Linux box,
>
>python 2.3
>reportlab 1.17
>
>MacOSX
>
>reportlab --- current version (download today)
>python 2.1
>MacOSX 10.2.6

This is likely a line ending problem. We need the results with identical
reportlab on both systems. The environment variable RL_invariant=1
should also be set to eliminate difficulties with date/time.

I will have a go Mac OS 9 vs PC and see what happens.