[reportlab-users] Missing Unicode support in validators

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 16:11:15 +0100

> > from types import FloatType, IntType, ListType, TupleType, \
> >     StringType, UnicodeType
> > class _isString(Validator):
> >     def test(self,x):
> >         return type(x) in (StringType, UnicodeType)
>
> Any comments on this one?

We can accept this kind of patch now; we could not until
August because of 1.5.2 compatibility.  I just checked it
in.

One good way to expedite Unicode compatibility would be
for someone to produce a test case module for Unicode
output in various contexts (Platypus, pdfgen, graphics
etc.) - which of course would fail horribly but
would flush out what we need to do.  We are hard
at work on a better font model and cannot duck
issues like unicode any longer.  I'd like to
aim for "full Unicode support" by the end of
the year.

thanks,

Andy