[reportlab-users] czech characters

Ábrahám Péter reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:41:34 +0100

Milos Prudek írta:

>> Yes. iso-8859-2 (latin 2) is the code set for Central European
>> languages using latin letters:
>
> OK.
> I do not understand why we, the users of iso-8859-2, need to do the
> complicated procedure that you used in your approach.
> Is it true that ReportLab does not support iso-8859-2 ?

Read the 3rd chapter of the User Guide. It explains everything about the
fonts and font encodings. AFAIK iso-8859-1 is the default code set of
ReportLab, and the special characters of the other ones must be defined
by the mentioned way. So there is no "native" support for  iso-8859-2..9
code sets, but if you write a python class defining the special Czech
characters once, you can import it many other programs, and you are able
to use the advantages of ReportLab.

Peter