[reportlab-users] Returning PDF to a browser?

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:01:29 -0000

> You should also check for Internet Explorer that the URL actually ends
> with a .pdf  as it sometimes seems to get the type from the extension
> rather than the Content type in my experience
>
> David

When I first started doing this 3 years ago, the raw PDF would often
display as you describe.  Changing executable cgi scripts from
'myapp.cgi' to 'myapp.pdf' was more effective than headers.
However, I have seen this less often in the last 2 years.
It would be good to collect some data on this.

Can you repeat the problem with a particular version of IE?
Have you tried other browsers?

Thanks,

Andy Robinson