[reportlab-users] Table height

Mau reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:03:03 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C3B37E.5EBCF980

Hi,

    Im making an application, where I print into a pdf a data array. I =
get each row of the array and place it in each row of a table. I fix the =
columns width of the table. I dont fix the rows height  of the table, so =
when I fill in the data, there are some rows higher than others (that is =
what i want).
    Now, in my pdf i have 3 frames, a header frame, a data frame and a =
footer frame. The table goes inside the data frame. I tried to split the =
data of the array in several pages by calculating the number of lines I =
could place in the data frame and getting the same number of rows from =
the table, but as the table has some rows higher than others (a row from =
the array can take 3 rows from the table) i cant relay on my previous =
calculations. =20
    I was thinking of calculating the table's height or each table's row =
height , and then split it depending on the data frame's height , but I =
dont seem to be able to find the way, if there is one.

so, can someone help me with this? is there away to calculate a table's =
height or a table's row height? Am I going in the bad direction? Should =
I try other methods? =20

well, any help is welcome.=20

cya.

Mau
------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C3B37E.5EBCF980

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Im making an =
application,=20
where&nbsp;I print into a pdf a data array. I get each row of the array =
and=20
place it in each row of a table. I fix the columns width of the table. I =
dont=20
fix the rows height&nbsp; of the table</FONT><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>,</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;so when&nbsp;I fill =
in the data,=20
there are some rows higher than others (that is what i =
want).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Now, in my pdf i =
have 3 frames,=20
a header frame, a data frame and a footer&nbsp;frame. The table goes =
inside the=20
data frame. I tried to split the data&nbsp;of the array in several pages =
by=20
calculating the number of lines&nbsp;I could place in the data frame and =
getting=20
the same number of rows from the table, but as the table has some rows =
higher=20
than others (a row from the array can take 3 rows from the table) i cant =
relay=20
on my previous calculations.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I was thinking of =
calculating=20
the table's height&nbsp;or each table's row&nbsp;height , and =
then&nbsp;split it=20
depending on the data frame's height , but I dont seem to be able =
to&nbsp;find=20
the way, if there is one.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>so, can someone help me with this? is =
there away to=20
calculate a table's height or a table's row height? Am I going in the =
bad=20
direction? Should I try other methods?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>well, any help is welcome. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>cya.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Mau</DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C3B37E.5EBCF980--