[reportlab-users] Re: pageCatcher doesn't read PDFs created by PIL

Nicholas Riley reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 10:56:12 -0600

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 09:52:11PM -0600, Nicholas Riley wrote:
> My guess is that PIL is doing something wrong in generating the
> PDFs, but I'm in the unfortunate position of having several hundred
> images in the database that I can't get out now.  I can't even
> convert the pages back to another format, because PIL can't read
> PDF, it can only write it.

Turned out this was quite easy to fix.  I've modified PIL so it
generates valid PDFs, and written a script to repair invalid PDFs
generated by older PIL versions; now pageCatcher works perfectly.

Details are here:

<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/image-sig/2003-November/002514.html>

--
=Nicholas Riley <njriley@uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>