[reportlab-users] Image() hangs

Sat, 15 Nov 2003 11:25:21 +0000

In article <2147483647.1068898127@[192.168.0.101]>, Andreas Jung
<lists@andreas-jung.com> writes
>I installed latest Reportlab and latest PIL release on Linux and MacOSX.
>When I run the gfe.py script from the Demos section then everything works
>fine. When I add "Elements.append(Image('some.jpg'))" then process
>hangs (I waited for 5 minutes). This behaviour is reproducable under Linux
>and MacOSX. Any ideas?
>
>-aj

well I tried this in windows

Elements.append(Image(r'\code\reportlab\graphics\pmout\renderPM0.jpg'))

where that jpg is part of the output of the test built into renderPM.py
and it seems to work for me. I put the image in the first element
however. Does this happen only for jpegs? Have you tried a gif or png?