[reportlab-users] RE: Tracing and Debugging support in Platypus

Marc Stober reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:43:02 -0500

Hi Andy -

What you proposed for tracing info sounds great. Maybe we could just add an
option that lets you catch an error, trace/log it, skip over that flowable
(maybe print a big X or something in the space as a placeholder) and
continue printing. My philosophy is it's better to be able to show the
report to the boss with one page missing, than have all but one page working
and nothing to show for it. This could also provide a way to visually see
the problem. Of course, there would have to be a way to turn this off for
web-based system where reports are sent directly to the end user.

- Marc