[reportlab-users] Tracing and Debugging support in Platypus

Sun, 9 Nov 2003 01:40:33 +0000

.... I tried this before with an automatic mechanism for getting file
and lineno info at instance creation time if nothing was supplied. A
difficulty is deciding where the identity is defined.

The difficulty is always that programs can define many flowables at the
same point. In the rml2pdf case we often preprocess with preppy or with
some other programmatic mechanism. It's often hard to decide where to
label things. I create a good label and then later reuse the code and
find the outer usage is hidden by the inner label. Perhaps adding to the
call chain would be a way to do things compatible with the traceback
itself.

As for logging I think that should be a separate issue.