[reportlab-users] Printing PDF's

Dave Rogers reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 04 Nov 2003 14:36:56 -0500

Hi,

I use reportlab to generate PDF files.

For some time, to print files in the background (with a Windows
service), I've been using the awful DDE interface to Acrobat which works
for awhile and then fails with no useful error message.

I'm trying to switch to Ghostscript to print my files.  However, even
though I've been through many many Ghostscript options, my documents are
getting cut off on the top or the bottom by about 3/8".

I use -sDEVICE=mswinpr2

Here's other options I've tried:

-dFIXEDMEDIA (cuts off top)
-dFIXEDRESOLUTION (cuts off bottom)
-dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS= XX (I've tried numbers higher and lower than the
std letter height and it always cuts off the bottom)

I use a Brother MFC 6800 and I cannot find any option to set or reduce
my margins in the printer setup.

Is there a reportlab setting I can change to fix this problem?

If someone knows of a better place I should post this to, please let me
know.

Thanks,

--
Dave Rogers