[reportlab-users] Re: reportlab-dev list?

Henning von Bargen reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 28 May 2003 21:48:22 +0200

Andy Robinson wrote:
> I count about 5-7 messages per working day. I remember
> that the Python community decided to start having
> a python-dev list when it got to about 100+.
> While these things all make sense in principle,
> it creates 4 lists for us all to watch (and de-spam
> every morning), and I am not yet convinced that
> the traffic here is so high that we need this.

Where's the difference in watching and de-spamming
between four lists and one list, when the absolute
number of messages is the same?

My experience from other -dev lists (i.e. xindice)
is that some days there's no traffic at all
and on other days there are several dozens of CVS-commit messages,
that's why I'd prefer not to receive the CVS messages.

Henning