[reportlab-users] Font licenses (in ReportLab 1.17)

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 22 May 2003 15:35:36 +0100

I'll never understand all the reasoning between licenses,
but here's what seems practical:

(1) LettError Robot-Chrome coes from Just van Rossum, Guido's
brother.  It is a crippled font (missing glyphs) which he has given
us for an explicit and visually obvious example of font embedding.
I will ask him if he minds a Debian-compliant disclaimer
and if he's happy it can be shipped.

(2) Can you find any other Debian-compliant Type 1
or TrueType fonts for us, which could be used instead?
They only need a few glyphs ("hello" would do).

(3) We can have a readme in there or warning in
the tests so it degrades gracefully.

When is your next release date?  I presume you want a released
version and we are long overdue for a release.

- Andy