[reportlab-users] Forcing doc templates to use pagesize?

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sat, 10 May 2003 17:48:50 +0200

Robin Becker:

> Dinu the page templates also have a pagesize and rather stupidly they
> have an initial default pagesize that gets set to defaultPageSize.
> There
> is now more or less complicated logic in checkPageSize to set the
> canvas
> pagesize at the start of each page.
>
> As currently written the template size has higher priority than the
> document's. To get least surprise we should probably change the default
> template size to be None so that the doc size gets used if no explicit
> size is set on the template.

That does make sense. I think the Userguide is somewhat confusing
about all this and might profit from a couple of examples, showing
how to do everyday things. Perhaps something like this?:

   http://python.net/~gherman/tmp/salsa.pdf (1.7 MB)

It's a drawing wrapped in a Platypus story, which is the only way
to get clipping working on it while still having reusable code...

Hey, now I only need to grab the data from my iPod! ;-)

Regards,

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."