[reportlab-users] RML Advice (SoftwareForces, USA)

reportlab-users@reportlab.com reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:07:21 -0500

Dear Andy,
Hope all is well. We had a brief holiday in the UK, too bad did not get a
chance to mee the RL team in Wimbledon... well, next time.
We are developing the client solution using the RL RML libraries and we do
need a suggestion for a very high level question:
when building a template of a report, let's say, in RML, is it possible to
calculate the coordinates of the components in the 'document' in a
'relative manner' rather than straight x and y in pixels, cm or inches?
Like, suppose, is there a neat way to specify a component's location
relative to a diff component in its document, rather than calculating the
end point of the upper component in some standard geometrical manner, and
then setting the lower componet 'right there'?

Please comment on this when you have time.

Thank you again!

Lloyd, USA