[reportlab-users] obj references

Ian Sparks reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:36:24 -0500

Hello,

Today I am playing with PDF Forms and I want to have a crack at putting =
"Category" (basically format : Date/Numeric/whatever) information on =
Text fields. This requires a reference to another object (which has to =
be added) :

4 0 obj
<<=20
/T (fieldA)
/AA << /K 60 0 R >>    <- /K 60 refers to objects 60
>>=20
endobj

later...

60 0 obj
<<=20
/S /JavaScript=20
/JS (AFDate_KeystrokeEx\("mm/dd/yyyy"\);)
>>=20
     =20
I'm nibbling at the edges of ReportLab, if I could grasp how to do this =
I'd be better at hacking ReportLab. I've already done the trivial stuff =
like adding readonly, noscroll, alternative-descriptions and no-spell =
check attributes to the various form widgets. The same forward-object =
facility is also required for certain types of Note annotation (popup =
window separate from the annotation mark) which I'm also working on.

I *will* work it out but right now I'm tracing back from =
PDFIndirectObject. Perhaps one of the ReportLab folks could give me a =
couple of pointers?