[reportlab-users] pyRXP and processing instructions

Andreas Jung reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:56:09 +0100

--On Montag, 3. M=E4rz 2003 12:43 +0000 Andy Robinson <andy@reportlab.com>=20
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have not found any pointer to pyRXP and processing instructions.
>> Is there some support planned?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andreas
>
> I'm pretty sure RXP will generate some event but not sure how
> we should handle it in our tree representation.  It's an
> interesting question.  What do you think it should do when it
> sees a processing instruction?  Call a callback?  Make a new
> kind of node in the tree?

I think processing instructions should be represented by a new node
that makes the PI available for later processing. A callback is not
very useful since processing happens after pyRXP would have created
the nested tuple representation.

Andreas