[reportlab-users] Re: reST and PDF using Reportlab

David Abrahams reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:48:25 -0400

Dinu Gherman <gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de> writes:

> David Abrahams:
>
>> I've been making significant improvements to what's currently there.
>> Interested?
>
> Of course! My own Wickie is screaming for a button to save itself
> entirely into a PDF file which can be emailed to somebody! ;-)

See modulename/dreamcatcher/rlpdf/* in the CVS.

Be sure to run modulename/dreamcatcher/tools/pdf.py with
--output-encoding=unicode_internal or you'll be endlessly frustrated.

> Not yet released, but here's a sample of a static HTML export (the
> dynamic one is too dangerous to be placed anywhere in the public,
> since you can execute arbitrary code on each page):
>
>    http://python.net/~gherman/tmp/pyobjcdoc/FrontPage.html
>
> Unfortunately, I found that many nice Docutils features are in CVS
> only, but not in a formally released version...

Can't help you there :(

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting