[reportlab-users] para.py patches

Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:43:55 +0100

In article <3EDC8CF8.2030106@spirito.de>, Dirk Holtwick
<holtwick@spirito.de> writes
>Robin Becker wrote:
>> The changes seem fine to me, but I'm not an expert on Aaron's code so am
>> committing these for beta testing by others.
>
>here are some other patches that help with:
>
> - setting font size
> - calculating proper wrap sizes
> - using leading of the style defined for the paragraph
>
>hope this helps,
>
>with font size and leading I figured out that if you change leading
>within a line of text it doesn't change the leading used initaly. the
>normal paragraph.py doesn't change it too, but I think it would be nice
>to adjust the leading for one line if there is some text in it with
>bigger font size.
>
>dirk
>
>--- snip ---
.... it certainly makes sense in some contexts. My print bible says to
keep fixed leading unless this is overridden somehow. The problem with a
splitting algorithm is that it's not possible in general to say where to
put the leading change. I guess what you have to do is some kind of meta
change that says 'allow leading to vary with fontSize for this text'.