[reportlab-users] Re: Plotting with logarithmic axes

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:12:43 +0200

Berthold H=F6llmann:

> I thought about gnuplot myself, but my boss dislikes the idea of
> relying on an extenal program.

I understand. Apart from copyright issues, Gnuplot relies on external
libraries for bitmap generation, too.

> If we decide to deliver our program to
> collegues or to customers we would have to deliver gnuplot together
> with a lot of Python modules.

Concerning Python there is only one module, Michael Haggerty's.

> And the license of pdflib is quite restictive. I would prefer to
> stay in Python.

As we all do, but... for the forseeable future this kind of plot
won't be available in RL:

   http://python.net/~gherman/tmp/contour.pdf

It was generated from Gnuplot, writing SVG, converted to RLG by
my svglib, from where you can convert it to anything - e.g. PDF!
No need for pdflib. (The above sample has two little buglets, but

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"I think we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a gun."