[reportlab-users] Help on splitting tables.

Doug reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:16:26 -0400

Have you looked at repeatrows?

-----Original Message-----
From: reportlab-users-admin@reportlab.com
[mailto:reportlab-users-admin@reportlab.com]On Behalf Of Corrado
Gioannini
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 11:08 AM
To: reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Subject: [reportlab-users] Help on splitting tables.

Hi *,
i'm pretty new to reportlab (and to this list), so forgive me if my
questions are too obvious or have already been answered. Pointers to
documentation or examples are welcome!

Now, i'm trying to use platypus to draw a table that occupies more than one
page, and i would like to prepose a table heading (containing the
description of the fields displayed in the various columns of the table) to
the records of the table itself on each page.
I've seen that the Table class has an onSplit method, but i can't figure out
how to use it once i subclass Table to, say, MyTable.
I'd need to repeat the first record of "data", wich contains the headings,
on each split. I'd need to reuse the same style used for the first line of
the table too, if possible, because the headings are formatted differently
from the other records.

Has anybody already solved this problem?
(I cannot usa a 'static' heading, non included in the story of flowables,
because [it's ugly and because] in the end i would put more than one table
of this kind in the same document, and in don't know a priori how many lines
the different tables are made of, becuase they are constructed dinamically,
and then how many space they will need).

Thanks very much for your help,
Corrado.
--
                       Thought is only a flash between two long nights,
                                          but this flash is everything.