[reportlab-users] Re: The upcoming Reportlab 1.18 release and patches.

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 17:43:23 +0100

> In fact para itself is not required to use the parsexml0 stuff, the
> latest pyRXP could probably handle it directly with the right flag
> settings, although given the speed of Aaron's parser it probably
> wouldn't provide much speedup.
> --

One of the things I would like to do in the next big wave of
changes is to have a smaller, simpler XML parsing approach
and get rid of sgmlop, and tidy up rparsexml.  The idea is
to use the best available parser to make a 'tuple tree'
and then map this onto objects with some generic code.
We'd then be able to know why this code was there.

- Andy