[reportlab-users] Re: The upcoming Reportlab 1.18 release and patches.

David Abrahams reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 09 Jul 2003 01:52:11 -0400

Robin Becker <robin@reportlab.com> writes:

> In article <uof04sivh.fsf@boost-consulting.com>, David Abrahams
> <dave@boost-consulting.com> writes
>>
>>Good, that's the problem.  I've thrown valid XML at reportlab and had
>>it choke on its own 4-element return from parsexml0 when it gets
>>assigned in reportlab.lib.rparsexml.parsexmlSimple.
>>
> .... yes the problem was me thinking you said the two element return was
> at fault so leading me astray. This is not my code and I have never
> looked at it seriously unfortunately I don't use it either.

AFAICT it's pretty much impossible to avoid if you use platypus at
all.  Para decides to use parsexmlSimple based on some very trivial
tests on the XML it's passed.  The easy fix is to disable the use of
parsexmlSimple as I've done in my copy of the code.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting