[reportlab-users] Re: The upcoming Reportlab 1.18 release and patches.

Wed, 9 Jul 2003 00:01:18 +0100

In article <uznjoslxt.fsf@boost-consulting.com>, David Abrahams <dave@boost-
consulting.com> writes
>Robin Becker <robin@reportlab.com> writes:
>
>>>Ignore this if it's too obvious:
>>>is the rparsexml.parsexmlSimple() issue already fixed? I mean the one
>>>where parsexml0() returns a two-members tuple instead of one with four
>>>members?
>>>
>>>Igor
>> Can you give an example, I know there are problems with parsexml0, but I
>> don't use it at all.
>
>It's too obvious a bug for examples; just look at the source code and
>search for 'return'.

I must be pretty stupid then, I need an example or tell me which of the returns

I see these in parsexml0

177:                return (NameString, AttDict, ContentList, ExtraStuff)
214:            return (None, endcomment+1) # shortcut exit
373:    return (t, cursor)

so I see one 4 and two 2 element returns. Now although that looks pretty obviously
wrong I also see that we have a recursive call to parsexml0 which expects a two element
return so I believe the problem is slightly more complex than you seem to imply.

Of course if you know the answer couldn't you just say what it is?