[reportlab-users] Conversion of MS Word to PDF maintaining Bookmarks Automatically

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 07:36:17 -0000

> Having reviewed the site I have discovered that it is now possible to
> convert text documents to PDF while ensuring that headings are converted
> to Bookmarks.
???  We can create document with bookmarks programmatically,
so this can be done 'with programming', yes.

> I was wondering if anyone has prewritten code to convert MS Word to PDF
> with Bookmarks, and if so would it be possible to get a copy of the
> source code.  I know that the ReportLab User Guide has a small sample of
> such a code and that the code was used to create the code but I have the
> need to progress my current project quickly and instead of learning and
> developing the code I would be most grateful if I could obtain the code.

All we ever did was a little experiment which used the VBA in Word
to extract a sequence of paragraphs and turn them into PDF in
the dumbest possible way.  It might still work, I don't know,
but I don't expect it to be of any user in a real life situation,
as it will omit 99% of the formatting features of your document.
If

I'll follow up by private email...

- Andy Robinson