[reportlab-users] PDF "optimization"

Jeff Bauer reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 05:51:38 -0600

Andy,

I'll add one other possibility.  If the report is a multi-page
document with a lot of repeating layout (e.g. my contributed
HCFA1500 form), the client could be complaining that it's taking
too long to load.

One solution would be to create the repeating portions using
the beginForm, endForm, and doForm methods.  This can make
quite a difference if it's suitable for Ian's particular
document.

master-of-the-obvious-ly yr's

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon Research

[Ian queries:]
>> Hi, I have a client who has complained that their PDF's
>> are not "optimized".

[Andy replies:]