[reportlab-users] Hooking RL tools into PDF workflow

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:44:20 +0100

Hi!

Attention, this posting is mainly for people working on Mac OS X.
Others might become jealous after reading it, so be careful! ;-)

With the most recent update to OS X 10.2.4 Apple introduced hooks
for applications, command-line and AppleScripts to be called when-
ever an application is about to print a file. Here's the respective
technical note:

http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/CoreTechnologies/graphics/
Printing/PDF_Workflow/pdfwf_concepts/index.html

Instead of just printing a file I can call my own Python script and
do whatever I like with the PDF output, like encrypt, waterprint,
overlay it with a grid, relayout its pages, and-what-not...

Needless to say, PageCatcher is your friend! ;-)

Regards,

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"The British man who decapitated a marble statue of former prime mi-