[reportlab-users] TrueType and German Umlaut

Marius Gedminas reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:16:32 +0200

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 01:01:39PM +0100, Dirk Holtwick wrote:
> Dinu Gherman wrote:
> >  def latin1toUTF8(s):
> >    return unicode(s, "iso-8859-1").encode("utf-8")
>
> well, for truetype it works fine, but if I use it for all strings I get
> corrupted output with postscript fonts. maybe reportlab should become
> unicode aware to make the whole more homogenous?

+1 on that.

IIRC the next version of Reportlab was going to drop Python 1.5
compatibility.  That would be a perfect opportunity.

Marius Gedminas
--
Win32-API is wonderful : Full of things to wonder about...