[reportlab-users] Bit of help with wrapping text in a paragraph

Ian Sparks reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:30:38 -0500

Are you using Platypus or just the basic canvas methods?

- I.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill W [mailto:bwitherspoon@emseal.com]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 5:18 PM
To: reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Subject: [reportlab-users] Bit of help with wrapping text in a paragraph

I'm having an excellent time using pdfgen (dl'ed yesterday).
I'm stuck on how exactly to wrap the text in a paragraph.

Basically, I want the following text:
'dslkfjlkjfkjsalfjasldfjlasjdflajsfljaslfjasldfjalsjfklaksdjf'

to wrap (in a paragraph size of my choosing) to:
'lksdjflajsdflajsdfj
lsdjflakjsdflkjasdlf
lajflkajsdflkjasldkf'

I've read the docs on flowables, but it isn't quite speaking to me. ;-)
The only thing I found on google was some 'over the top' code for =
wrapping
text around a picture, which is a bit beyond what I'm after.

Any help would be appreciated muchly.

Bill.