[reportlab-users] Pagebreaks in ReportLab

Stephen Gross reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sat, 08 Feb 2003 13:22:27 -0500

Hi there--I'm new to the reportlab library, and have a (hopefully) simple
question:

I've got a long document that I want to turn into a pdf, but I need to
dynamically calculate where to put in page breaks. Is there some way from
the reportlab library to report back to me when the cursor has reached the
bottom of the page as a result of applying a textblock? Or do I have to
precalculate the size of a text block, and then figure out if I need to
split it across a page break?

Thanks,
--Steve

Stephen Gross