[reportlab-users] adding combined PDFs to outline

Nicholas Riley reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 13:23:53 -0600

Hi,

I'm attempting to add outline entries to pages I'm merging into a
single PDF.  Some of the component PDFs are generated by ReportLab;
some are generated by PIL.  I gather with the 'withoutline' flag to
copyPages I can preserve outline entries, but unfortunately the
entries do not exist at the time I am generating the PIL PDFs.  If I
just call bookmarkPage and addOutlineEntry before copyPages, I get a
message such as:

  File "C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\reportlab\pdfbase\pdfdoc.py", line 737, in format
    raise KeyError, "forward reference to %s not resolved upon final formatting" % repr(name)
KeyError: "forward reference to 'Page1' not resolved upon final formatting"

Short of writing my own code to preprocess the PDF, is there anything
else I can do with ReportLab?

Thanks,

--
=Nicholas Riley <njriley@uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>