[reportlab-users] 2up duplex printing?

Sat, 23 Aug 2003 09:37:20 +0100

In article <20030822214145.GA27633@devenoges.com>, Christoph Devenoges
<reportlab@devenoges.com> writes
>++ Andy Robinson wrote on Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 09:54:27PM +0100 :
>> We do not have any general "imposition" routines,
>> so I guess you would have to make one "big page"
>> with crop marks and explicit placement of lots of
>> frames in the correct order.
>
>ah. imposition is the magic google word, thx
>

>how can i find the rendered hight of a flowable?

The whole point of flowables is that they flow. It is the frames that
are considered to be of fixed size. The idea is then to flow the
flowables into the frames with splitting if that's possible. If you
really want to duplicate the effect of single pages rendered to half
pages then I guess some generic scaling approach would work where the
scale would be chosen to make the original page size map to the new
frames. That won't do the page number thing of course, but one could
fake the page throws by appropriate magic in a derived DocTemplate
class.