[reportlab-users] Font-finding kludge

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:59:47 +0100

> >Hey, it's rude, but it worked:
> >
> >        log.warn("kludging reportlab's font-finding ability...")
> >        import reportlab.rl_config as rl_config
> >        rl_config.T1SearchPath = \
> >            (r"d:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Resource\Font",) \
> >            + tuple(rl_config.T1SearchPath)

I regret to say that we have not yet done work to support
OpenType, and Adobe switched to this for AR6.  So people
will have to copy files across from an old reader installation
to make bitmaps until we do.  It's not a small job either,
the best fix is a move to FreeType under renderPM...

Anyone with serious C and font skills looking for a month-long
hobby project ? :-(
- Andy