[reportlab-users] Setup.py-problem

reinhard gantar reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:03:06 +0200

Dear Reportlab-Users,

I have tried to build the pyRXP-libs on Mac OSX without success.
What happens is

that gcc gets *two* -arch-flags, i386 and ppc (power PC).
This is from the log of
	python setup.py build_ext ..

creating build/lib.darwin-6.6-Power Macintosh-2.2

gcc -arch i386 -arch ppc -bundle blabla...
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	/* SEE WHAT I MEAN? */

...blabla -o build/lib.darwin-6.6-Power Macintosh-2.2/pyRXP.so

/* HERE THE LINKER KICKS IN AND WANTS TO LINK FOR i386 */

ld: for architecture i386

ld: warning /usr/lib/bundle1.o cputype (18, architecture ppc) does
not match cputype (7) for specified -arch flag: i386 (file not loaded)

/* SMART LINKER */

I read some mails from a guy named Dinu; in one of them he
recommends fixing up autoconf.m4f. I did that to no avail.

Ideas, anyone? To me it looks like a bad setup.py, bad distutil
or both. At some point a poor decision is made about the cpu-platform,
based on the system info. I cannot find the point where to fix
it.

Kind regards, thanks
Gantar