[reportlab-users] Illegal operation 'ET' outside text object.

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:05:27 +0100

In article <200308111438.25215.mydevel@free.fr>, My Devel
<mydevel@free.fr> writes
>Hello,
>
>We are using the very great Reportlab Toolkit to generate activity report. But
>since I have upgraded to 1.18, I get the following error in Acrobat Reader 5
>(linux) at the end of the documents :
>
>Illegal operation 'ET' outside text object.
>
>Anybody knows what it means?
>
>Thank you.

I'm guessing there's a line ending problem somewhere. Do you have a
minimal example where this is happening? If it's in a hello world type
example then perhaps I can work out what's going on from the source and
result.

We use ReportLab-1.18 internally with freeBSD, but don't look at the
documents using a unix reader so it's possible that something PC
specific has crept in.