[reportlab-users] Size of LinePlot

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 15:57:26 +0100

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to calculate the size of a LinePlot including the axis
> labels? LinePlot.[width,height] only give the size of the drawing
> without the labels.

Robin's right, what I wrote should logically be moved into
the framework now - it seems stable enough and I think is
broadly right. I am working on this now and will try to check in
tomorrow morning.

I did a recursive function getBounds(object) to avoid touching
existing code; I will change this to a getBounds method on
every shapes or widget.   For a visible check, there's a
Sizer object you can create around a chart which will draw
some vile purple borders and show whether it is correct or not.

- Andy