[reportlab-users] proper way to make pdfs in zope

Jerome Alet reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 19:58:51 +0200

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 12:52:51PM -0500, Christopher N. Deckard wrote:

> Since I can't exactly import anything useful from reportlab into a
> Python Script in Zope, I change rlzope to exec() a string of code

Python Scripts are restricted. rlzope is an External Method, which
runs unrestricted as far as Zope goes.

> With the Zope security restrictions on importing things, I don't see
> a better way to make use of the other RL stuff without doing it like
> this.

I just don't understand why you need to do this.

I produce documents with images, tables, True Type fonts, etc...
from a Zope external method similar to rlzope every days.

bye,

Jerome Alet