[reportlab-users] Can we change the color of each bar in a vertical bar chart

Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:13:11 +0100

In article <6C91E215-798D-11D7-8340-00039345C610@darwin.in-berlin.de>,
Dinu Gherman <gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de> writes
>Andy Robinson:
>
>> Pretty much on day one AFAIR.  Bar charts always accepted
>> a 2d matrix so I felt this was necessary form the start.
>
>Well, I could check this myself, but I don't want to make a scien-
>tific investigation out of it.
>
>Since it's a good opportunity, I'm reiterating my belief that "you
>don't know if a feature does exist if there is neither a test case
>nor a piece of documentation that proves/says so."
>
>In this case at least I can't remember anything like this and, in
>fact, I worked on quite some of it.
>
>Regards,
>
>Dinu

... Actually Dinu is right, this separate bar indexing was added by me
about 8 months ago (as I said earlier in the thread).

The original aggregates could use anything as an index which is what I
think Andy means. The interpretation of the possible indices is left up
to the client (in this case the bar chart).

At one point we discussed doing this sort of thing by acquisition, but
that was dismissed as to dangerous. Perhaps now that acqusition is more
'mainstream' it might be desirable to re-examine the design choices.