[reportlab-users] RE: Table sizing algorithms - comments welcome

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:11:45 +0200

Andy Robinson:

> In the long term we need more than one table model, with
> clearly stated performance tradeoffs. I think a more
> flexible one would involve something more like a GUI
> packer, with struts and springs (like InterfaceBuilder),
> and could be used for page frame arrangement as well
> as tables.  But I would not use it for a set of monthly
> accounts...

That's what I'm trying to say. There are *many* table environ-
ments for LaTeX users, some optimising different features. This
is totally ok. What I'm a little surprised with is the fact of be-
ing unable to find anything directly connected to Knuth himself,
which suggests that table rendering is a trivial issue! ;-)

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"Journalism largely consists of saying 'Lord Jones is Dead' to people