[reportlab-users] RE: Table sizing algorithms - comments welcome

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:32:55 +0100

I just checked in some further changes to tables.

Row and column spanning now work much better, and
the autosizing algorithms interact more sensibly with
spanned rows and columns.

The following script generates a PDF with a bunch of
"graded examples", which should explain how these
features work and what the limitations are:

    reportlab/test/test_table_layout.py

Commercial customers will find that RML exhibits
identical behaviour.  Docco for both products has
not been updated yet, and I don't fancy an all nighter,
but we'll try to get to it.

This will be available in current.zip in the morning.
Please check any convoluted table scripts you may have,
and let me know if anything has been affected.

Thanks,

Andy Robinson