[reportlab-users] Bar graph label flowable?

Daniel McQuillen reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:36:20 -0700

Warning: ReportLab newbie. Potentially dumb question:

I'm creating a large batch of bar graphs from excel data. The textual
data populating the y-axis labels varies in length from a couple words
to 20-25. So, I'd like to have a multiline label that is flowable and
breaks the lines automatically rather than go through each text entry
and manually enter a "\n" where appropriate.

Am I missing a way of creating a flowable label? Or is there some simple
algorithm I should write to mimick the auto-breaks? Not that good of a
programmer so this isn't obvious to me.

Thanks in advance for any help .

 From sunny cali,

Daniel

( I've checked the archive and can't find this addressed, so either this
is embarrasingly obvious or nobody has had reason to ask.)