[reportlab-users] re: [ reportlab-Bugs-718145 ] Big incompatibility problem with Ghostscript using images

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 13:38:44 +0100

In article <3E95BB88.B2D32681@auto123.com>, Nigel Heron
<nigel@xprima.com> writes
>i'm having the same problem sending generated PDF files through Harlequin RIP
>(and
>Transverter RIP)
>
>after a week of debugging (only error i get is "invalid PS code", which didn't
>help
>much!!),
>i think it's the fact that the filter names are abbreviated
>
>look at pdfdoc.py and change this line in "loadImageFromPIL()":
>self._filters = 'A85','Fl'  # Ascii85decode, FlateDecode
>self._filters = 'ASCII85Decode','FlateDecode'
>
>haven't heard back from the print shop yet, but i think that was the problem.
>
>(among other things i had to do to get it to work, was not to use standard
>fonts,
>because they're not embedded, and nuke "preamble" in canvas.py)
>
>-nigel.
>
>Robin Becker wrote:
.... OK I suppose that ghostscript is somehow deficient in not
supporting the short names. According to my 1.3 specs the short forms
are legal, but in this case I don't think it's too hard to use the
longer form. Perhaps someone could file a bug with the ghostscript crew
as well.