[reportlab-users] Importing a gif-graphic in reportlab

Jerome Alet reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 21:14:38 +0200

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 06:44:04PM +0100, Robin Becker wrote:

> As for PIL there are a lot of things you can do that are hidden under
> the hood and I don't have access to the 'professional edition' so cannot
> say what all of the options are.

Oh yes. I meant that the result is of lower quality with no special
options and the free edition. I don't know PIL's API capabilities,
and I've never used the professionnal version. If you save a jpeg
image at (for example) 75% quality in ImageMagick, and 75% in PIL,
the PIL one is bad.

Ron Bickers has put a page on which one can compare PIL with
ImageMagick at http://www.bickersfamily.org/Photos/PILvsIM

It seems that PIL supports an antialising mode which produces
better results.

bye,

Jerome Alet