[reportlab-users] _renderPM.so for Jaguar

Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:13:05 +0100

In article <B8308BEF-D06A-11D6-A41F-00039345C610@darwin.in-berlin.de>,
Dinu Gherman <gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de> writes
>I can see one reason not to do it (yet): I find the current set of
>download HTML pages and FTP directories with all different versions
>back to RLTK 1.11 pose a real challenge for anybody to understand,
>i.e. I don't see how to add something without making things worse.

I think we keep those for reference, somebody may need to keep using an
older version.

The win32/mac-dlls are reasonable in that the version issue is split by
python version rather than toolkit. I hope I haven't broken the various
extensions across Python versions although that's becoming harder as
they change the core memory allocation etc etc.

If we do this correctly we need to do a cube with sides

        OS x Python x RL

very hard and not yet done by the Python community as a whole.

Luckily I can build all of the extensions for win32 on one machine with
4 pythons, but that gets harder and harder etc.