[reportlab-users] Scaled Flowables consuming too much space in Platypus?

Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:42:13 +0100

In article <48107087-C95E-11D6-AC48-00039345C610@darwin.in-berlin.de>,
Dinu Gherman <gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de> writes
>Hi,
>
>I'm finding that while Drawings behave as Flowables (as advertised),
>they do not "free" space in a story after scaling them down. Should
>this be considered a bug or a feature? Please see attached files!
>
>I'm aware about possible intricacies with bounding boxes when
>applying arbitrary transformations, but I'd advocate that for the
>outmost Drawing "area" it should be possible to calculate the new
>(rectangular) bbox and use it in Platypus, too.
>
>Dinu
well we made drawings into groups as that seemed quite sensible, but
scaling a drawing doesn't affect the external dimensions only the
contents which also seems quite sensible. The canvas is a fixed thing so
saying scale yourself is like telling an A4 to become A5. Indeed scaling
the reportlab canvas doesn't change the paper size.