[reportlab-users] Re: Using report lab for generating

Derek Basch reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 17:31:16 -0700 (PDT)

Andy,
Thanks for the reply. I have set the column widths for
my tables and it works fine. I have also built in some
field length validators for the forms that generate
the reports so that the column widths match the fields
lengths. Maybe you could answer one other question for
me too. In the user guide, (section 5.3, Flowables) it
states that:

Flowable.wrap(availWidth, availHeight)

This will be called by the enclosing frame before
objects are asked their size, drawn or whatever. It
returns the size actually used.

I don't understand that paragraph. Is it stating that
you can pass a maximum available width and height and
the actual width and height used for rendering will be
returned?

Thanks Again,
Derek T Basch
ReportLab Newbie Extraordinare