[reportlab-users] Re: Using report lab for generating database reports

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:59:24 +0100

> There is still one thing that prevents me from
> using report lab for generating database reports.

I just re-read section 7.1 of the user guide, on tables.
It is correct but it maybe does not devote enough words to it.
So I added half a page to make it much clearer what tables
can and cannot do.  The code will be in current.zip/tgz
this time tomorrow, or is available here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/reportlab/reportlab/docs/user
guide/ch6_tables.py

Henning, I hope this helps.

We really must create a good example of a  "database style
report" with some performance guidelines, and expand this further.

- Andy Robinson