[reportlab-users] blurry (dithered) lines + font height, descent etc.

Michael Steuer reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:05:17 +1000

:: we use art_rgb_svp_alpha()
::
:: I thought the way to do this is via the alphagamma . Normally the colour
:: is determined by the winding number (hopefully in [0,1]) and the alpha
:: value. I suppose you intend that there is some threshold fraction of
:: colour that causes a switch so if the composition ends up>.5 we assume
:: full colour. Trouble is the alphagamma in art_rgb_svp_alpha seems to be
:: unreferenced.
::
:: [..]

I finally got around to get the code from the vcs and have a look at it.

Do you guys have any documentation on Libart? If yes, could you maybe send it to
me, or point me to a web page?

I had a look on the Libart homepage (http://www.levien.com/libart/) and followed
the link to the gnome project from there
(http://developer.gnome.org/doc/whitepapers/canvas/canvas.html). It seems that
GNOME is using libart without anti-aliasing, considering the output examples on
that page.

Cheers,

Mike.